Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

A Blog on Minnesota and National politics, religion, news, and life.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Jesus, Snow, And A Little Bit Of Pain

Yesterday morning starting at 8:30 AM myself and a few friends went canvassing around town handing out bulletins for the Easter Service at church. I was lots of fun, other than the foot and a half of snow. We just went around town so we didn't have any long slippery driveways to traverse but just because people live in the city does not mean that they shovel their driveway/sidewalk. This became painfully cold and obvious when I sank up to my knees in snow (and once jumping over a snow drift, catching my leg, and landing really hard on my back, painful).

But don't let that stop you from canvassing if you are interested. It is an excellent experience, it helps you talk to people better, shows the community that you are a positive, active force, and hopefully even gets a few (well if wishes were wings all of them) to come to church. So, great experience, it was loads of fun (except for landing on my back) and now I wish I had taken my camera with me. Oh well, there is always next time.

Also, the pastor got us free subs for lunch after we were done, they were really good.