Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

A Blog on Minnesota and National politics, religion, news, and life.

Friday, February 04, 2005

I'm A Marine And I Like Killin'

From FoxNews.com

WASHINGTON — A decorated Marine Corps general said, "It's fun to shoot some people" and poked fun at the manhood of Afghans as he described the wars U.S. troops are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Lt. General James Mattis mad some interesting comments during a discussion panel recently.

According to an audio recording, he said, "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. ... It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you, I like brawling."

He added, "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Interesting comment. I can't say I agree with him making that comment public, but I can't say I disagree with the comment itself. What do you think?