Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

A Blog on Minnesota and National politics, religion, news, and life.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Merry Christmas

I realize that it is a bit early (2 or 3 depending on how you count) but I want to take the time to wish you a Merry Christmas right now. Why early, you may ask? What's wrong with waiting until the 25th and then blogging everyone a Merry Christmas then? Honestly that was what I was going to do in the first place, really, but when I was looking through the news this morning I saw upwards of 7 articles on one news site along that talked about various programs to remove Christ and Christianity from Christmas, to make this into a holiday fill with getting things and Santa Claus, to make Christmas more PC and refer to it as Chrismukkah. That's what gets me the most, the Chrismukkah thing, even more than removing Christmas from the public eye, I can celebrate Christmas in my own home with my own family and no one can stop me, but to dilute Christmas by combining it with Hanukkah just is not right (not to mention the fact that it just doesn't seem physically possible). I am all for letting the Jews celebrate Hanukkah, more power to them. Also last week was National Armed Jews Week, great, I love guns, three cheers for the second amendment, but Hanukkah is not Christmas. Christmas is what the season is all about, this is not about the "holiday season" or putting up the "holiday tree" or hanging "holiday lights" or even singing "holiday carols", it's about the CHRISTmas Season, putting up the CHRISTmas Tree, hanging CHRISTmas lights, and singing CHRISTmas Carols. I do not care who you are, or what you believe in, it is a undisputed historical fact that Christ is the reason for the season (hey, that rhymes). This is the celebration of Christ's birth, of the savior of mankind, the birth of the one, the only one, who can and did wash away our sins. Christmas is not the celebration of December 25th, we could celebrate it in the middle of June of a 100 degree day, sure, I would not enjoy the heat, but that's not the point, the point is the event. So, please, my Christmas Wish for all you people out there trying to water down Christmas, STOP IT, it does not matter if you believe or not (well it does, but that's not the point at this exact moment) you are ruining Christmas for all believers by making one of the two best times of the year (the other being Easter, stop messing with that one too) by making Christmas into one big commercialized and PC holiday. So, please, STOP IT, just STOP it!!! (or I will bury you alive in a cardboard box) just kidding about the burying you alive, inside joke.)) Oh, this was supposed to be a post to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and it turned out a speech telling people why Christmas should still be called Christmas, don't worry, I am still going to get to that. Please, read on.

...
...
...

I would very much like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year, God Bless.

Thank You,
-[Medic]-