Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

A Blog on Minnesota and National politics, religion, news, and life.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Marlboro Man

Remember the gritty determined look of the Marine in the picture in this post, well I found out who it is, courtesy of Michelle Malkin yet again. I will not actually tell you his name here, that would kind of ruin the article that talks about him here but he is a small town boy from Kentucky and as it turns out EVERYONE loves him. I mean everyone, citizens here in the US, who want to write him a letter, to his fellow soldiers who have quickly dwindled his 3 carton and two packs of cig supply down two only two packs, and for a man that smokes three packs a day that's rough. Anyway, I will let you read the article yourself, but before I do I just want to say that I think that this picture is creating more support for the war. That's the way I see it at least, the phrase "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.", seems to be embodied in this picture and so i dare say that in this picture we have a sort of hero to hold up in this war on terrorism. Anyway, the link to the article.